Before going to the main part, I would like to explain what are “Salt Keys”. These are noting but security keys, which protects your WordPress form hackers. By using these randomly generated security keys, it will take years for hackers to beat these security keys.
- These Security Keys will protect your blog Header form Hacking
- It will block access to your blog via malicious scripts
It is very easy to add these salt keys to your WordPress by following the below steps.
Getting Salt Keys
- Its the first step & easy step. You should generate these salt keys from this URL (Generate your Random Salt Keys)
- Copy The Security keys which you get form the above URL.
Inserting Salt Keys to your WP-config file
After Copying the salt keys
- Login to your cPanel & Go to your root folder.
- Find & Edit this file “wp-config.php”
- Replace the copied codes with default keys in wp-config.php file.
Done!! Now you WordPress is now secured. If you have any doubts in above procedure, watch the below video.
So far we just made a simple thing, replacing the default keys with random keys . There are few more things that you should keep in mind:
- You can change your security keys at any time.
- Never reveal your own security keys to anyone – don’t publish them in online (even as example)
This post is tagged under Ultimate Guide for Newbie Bloggers